Dear friends! Please find below an overview of new articles that have been recently added to our website. You can find the following materials in menu “Publications”.
New articles in English in the following sections “The Amur tiger: Popular publications” and “Mass media about WCS-Russia”:
- “Good Bye Olga” - about life and fate of the first radiocollared Amur (Siberian) tiger, which have been studied by the staff of Siberian Tiger Project (WCS/SABZ) for 13 years;
- “Striped Victim” - article from “Zolotoy Rog” newspaper about tigress hit by a vehicle on the road from Razdolnoye village to Khasan in Primorye;
- “Organic Whups Poachers In The Wild East” – the up front story of organic certification inspection of wild crop harvestings projects in the Russian Far East. Andrew Black from “Oregon Tilth” (Portland, OR) shares his impressions about his trip to Russia in the frames of the TigerFriendly® Project run by WCS-Russia;
- “Hunters Helping The Siberian Tiger” - article about WCS wildlife management organizations’ support program in the Russian Far East;
- “Environmentalists Raise Alarm Over Russia’s Siberian Tiger” - article from Radio Liberty website about current status of Amur (Siberian) tiger population in Russia;
- “Data Show A Decline For Tigers in Russia” - article from “New York Times” about the alarming results of annual monitoring of Amur (Siberian) tiger population;
- “American Hunter in Russia” - interesting story by American hunter who came to Russia on the test tour “Hunting in the Shadow of the Siberian Tiger” organized by WCS in order to attract support for Amur Tiger Conservation from international hunters’ society.
New articles in Russian in “The Amur tiger: Popular publications” section:
- “Against All Odds” – article about rescue of an Amur (Siberian) tiger caught in poacher’s snare;
- “Good Bye Olga” – same article as above in Russian;
- “Heart of Russia” – story about Siberian Tiger Project and fate of the nature reserves in Russia;
- “The Magic of the Tiger” – poetic story about observation of the Amur (Siberian) tiger by the researcher in Sikhote-Alin Nature Reserve;
- “The Horror of Being Eaten” – biologist’s discussion about coexistence of people and dangerous carnivores;
- “Living on the Edge” – story about the Amur (Siberian) tigers living in northern limits of their range.
New articles in Russian in “Mass media about WCS-Russia” section: